Inland Revenue Tower
||BEAM Plus NB V1.2 – Provisional Gold
||Site 1D3 in Kai Tak Development Area
||Government, Institutional and Community
The Inland Revenue Tower (IRT) is located at the northern boundary of Kai Tak Development Area (KTD) (Site 1D3 of KTD), with site area of approx. 9,832 m2. The new IRT is bordered by the Trade & Industry Tower (TIT) to its southwest, with a pedestrian street between them, and the Kai Tak MTR station to its further southeast. It consists of 17 storeys above ground and a single storey basement, accommodating an Office Tower and car parking spaces.
- IRT has people-oriented design as an attractive “Green Connector”, over 30% site area is covered with greenery area.
- Footbridge design to connect with TI Tower, improve the public accessibility along public passage at 2/F.
- Optimized the built form to enhance the air movement.
- No virgin forest product to be used for temporary works, timber product will be adopted from sustainable sources.
- Avoid using ozone depleting substances of insulation materials.
- Waste recycling facilities are provided each floor to properly collect, store and dispose waste and recyclable materials.
- Active green features include the high efficiency District Cooling System, heat recovery wheel, CO2 based demand control ventilation, free cooling, services-on-demand escalator, lower LPD, daylight control.
- Passive designs include high performance façade and shading device.
- Photovoltaic panels are provided on roof as renewable energy.
- Rainwater harvesting system.
- Water efficient faucets and flushing sanitary fittings.
- Intelligent irrigation management system with weather station.
- Patented NAMI PCO IAQ Filtering Technology.
- Sufficient fresh air, exhaust air, indoor air quality to achieve ‘Excellent Class’.
- Patented Air Induction Unit (AIU).
- 5-dimension application of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Low-carbon carpark design with EV charging.
For more information, please visit HKGBC online exhibition website: